Re: dash Debian package - RC bugs

Hi Gerrit,

Gerrit Pape wrote:

> dash has outstanding RC bugs.  Some are a left-over from the /bin/sh
> transition from bash to dash, and still unresolved.  IIRC Thorsten
> Glaser had some ideas on how to proceed, but we never discussed anything
> in this regard.  Luk Claes and Raphael Geissert were involved in
> initiating the transition, but seem to no longer be able to contribute
> to the resulting RC bugs.
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=538822

They are still on my ToDo list. I previously sent an email containing the
details of how I think we should proceed, but need to test all the upgrade
paths (which is why I haven't got to it yet) just to make sure I didn't miss
anything.

The shared debconf prompt idea was already discussed and discarded in one of
the d-devel threads before the change was made. Which is what Thorsten's
idea was all about.

Will later forward my email to the ML you've setup so that others can help
test the changes.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer