Re: Invite to join the Release Team

[Adding and M-F-T-ing -project]

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 10:04:58AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> I want to point out that Luk's mail was not in any way discussed in the
> release team. I think it is horrible.
>
> I welcome everyone to critize the release team. I would prefer help, of
> course, but on the other hand, I do understand that people can see a
> problem, but don't have the time to fix. It would be nice if such
> criticism would be sent directly to the release team, and bluntly
> point out what the problem is, as that makes it easier to work on the
> issue.

Okay, so when there is a mysterious release team meeting in Cambridge,
and there is no discussion or planning of it on debian-release, or
#debian-release, or anywhere else public that I can see, and there is
zero evidence that it was planned or happened on official channels,
and at least two of the participants (or whom I assume were participants)
tell me that transparency is either completely unimportant or
low-priority, and the DPL-2IC team seems to favor the opposite of
transparency, how is one supposed to know about this meeting in
time to complain about it?  How and why should one complain to the
release team directly?

Were you there?  Were Debian funds spend on this endeavor?  What
happened there?  Most importantly, why is it all so secretive?