Re: Changes in dpkg Pre-Depends

I demand that Goswin von Brederlow may or may not have written...

> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>> Thomas Weber wrote:
>>> You have x86 hardware that is so old that it doesn't run amd64, but at
>>> the same moment you care about speed?
>> It's not particularly hard to find new hardware with 32 bit Atom chips
>> in it. There's this whole "netbook" thing..

> Atom 330 is 64bit. Just buy the right one.

Yes, but that's (normally) found on mini-ITX boards; at present, I'd be
surprised if the N270, which is 32-bit, isn't the most widely-used in
netbooks.

Were I looking for a new netbook *now*, I'd probably be looking for one with
an Atom N450, which is 64-bit. (Also, N450+NM10 uses less power than
N270+ICH7M.)

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + It's 1984.

Tact is the unsaid part of what you're thinking.