Re: Re: Flag images

>> I read through the links you provided.  There was a cogent argument
>> against using flags to symbolize a language.  I would accept that.
>> However, while I understand your argument about losing contributors,
>> I'm not completely convinced that using a flag chosen by country X to
>> represent country X is a bad idea.

bmc> Country codes are not assigned solely to countries.  What flag do we use
bmc> to represent .pr?  Or .je?  .an?  .cx?  .tw?

generally speaking country codes can activate people as flags. For
example there are many countries which aren't recognition by other or
U.N.O, for ex england appropriation of islands or a few muslim
countries, etc Thereby the internet domain names must be banned ;)

--
... mpd is off

. ''`.                               Dmitry E. Oboukhov
: :’  :   email: unera@debian.org jabber://UNera@uvw.ru
`. `~’              GPGKey: 1024D / F8E26537 2006-11-21
  `- 1B23 D4F8 8EC0 D902 0555  E438 AB8C 00CF F8E2 6537