Re: Relying on glib to publish gettext linker flags

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Daniel Macks <dmacks@netspace.org> wrote:

> I'd love to get this resolved so I know whether to bother filing bugs
> when I find "uses gettext but doesn't specify direct link against it"
> and if there is a consensus on how other packages should handle it.

I read on LWN recently that Fedora is making their runtime linker
require linking against libraries that a binary uses symbols from, ie,
no more indirect linking:

http://lwn.net/Articles/373846/

In addition, packages will fail to build with binutils-gold if they
use symbols from a library but they don't link against it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise