Re: Relying on glib to publish gettext linker flags

Zitat von Daniel Macks <dmacks@netspace.org>:

Coming here for wider input from gnome bugzilla Bug #606977 (and now
I'm rethinking the much older Bug #500137), which seems to center on
the line in glib-2.0.pc.in:

  Libs: -L${libdir} -lglib-2.0 @INTLLIBS@

[...]
This is a real issue for me on OS X, since gettext is not in my system
lib itself nor is the external lib supplied by my os vendor. So I have
several third-party-supplied versions and copies of it and also my
user-land for testing. It's also not sufficient to have glib link
against libintl and then other packages just link against glib.
Darwin's linker does not allow indirect symbol references. I really
need clean control over how/when/where gettext gets linked.

How about putting it into Libs.private?
This should solve your MacOS X problem and also works for static linking.

HS

PS: when referencing bugs from other BTS, please use a link, not just a bug number.