Re: libqt3-mt-dev: Depends: libjpeg62-dev but it is not going to be installed

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:21:40AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:57:43AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > Does it make sense that I report this issue to the above packages
> > (libqt3-mt-dev and libtiff4-dev) ? They should Build-Dep on the
> > virtual package libjpeg-dev right ?
>
> The issue is not that libqt3-mt-dev and libtiff4-dev are Build-Depending
> on libjpeg-dev, but that they are _Depending_ on it. I did not anticipate
          ^^^
> that.

I meant libjpeg62-dev, obviously. Depending on libjpeg-dev is fine.

As for the reason dependencies are such a mess, mostly I have heritated
the package that way. Well actually it was worse since there were also
packages depending on libjpegg-dev. I tried to get rid of dependencies on
libjpeg62-dev some times ago, but the release managers dissuaded me.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.