Re: libqt3-mt-dev: Depends: libjpeg62-dev but it is not going to be installed

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:57:43AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> [Sorry for duplicate]

>  libqt3-mt-dev: Depends: libjpeg62-dev but it is not going to be installed
>  libtiff4-dev: Depends: libjpeg62-dev but it is not going to be installed
> E: Build-dependencies for vtk could not be satisfied.

This is the list of packages that Depends on libjpeg62-dev *and* cause
conflicts when building package that build-depends on libjpeg-dev.

libcupsimage2-dev
libdirectfb-dev
libdjvulibre-dev
libgd2-noxpm-dev
libgdal1-dev
libhdf5-serial-dev
libqt3-mt-dev
libsane-dev
libsdl-image1.2-dev
libtiff4-dev
libwmf-dev
libwraster3-dev

I think they should be fixed to Build-Depends on libjpeg-dev and
Depends on libjpeg-dev|libjpeg62-dev, the '|libjpeg62-dev' being
necessary for building packages that Build-Depends on libjpeg62-dev.

I do not disagree with the suggestion of libjpeg8-dev providing both
libjpeg-dev and libjpeg62-dev, thought I would still like to provide
libjpeg62-dev for people needing to build binary compatible with other linux
distributions, but the release manager were not in favour of this option.

Cheers, (please CC me)
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.