Re: git and quilt

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 04:25:40PM -0600, Matt Zagrabelny wrote:
> I receive the following error from lintian and am looking for some
> guidance/best practices.
>
> % lintian --pedantic cdpr_2.3-3.dsc
> P: cdpr source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system Makefile and
> 1 more

This isn't an error.  It's an informational message only shown in
pedantic mode.  From lintian(1):

“Pedantic tags are Lintian at its most pickiest and include checks for
particular Debian packaging styles and checks that many people disagree
with.  Expect false positives and Lintian tags that you don't consider
useful if you use this option.”

In other words, if you think the tag is useful then fix it, otherwise
ignore it.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>