On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:08:58PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure I recall who started sending the mails who warn us about
> failed builds immediately. Anyway. That's really appreciated, but -
> there is a but - for packages that fail on all architectures, it means a
> dozen of emails. For team-maintained packages, multiply by the number of
> packages that fail, and the list is made harder to follow.
>
> Would it be possible to batch the emails somehow? For example, if after
> a few hours, all architectures that have tried to build the package
> failed, send a mail that says it failed everywhere.

I'm sure that if you give us a patch for that, we'll be happy to
use it.  I suggest you file a bug against buildd.debian.org.

> It would also be nice to distinguish between failures at the package
> installation time, and failures that happen inside dpkg-buildpackage. In
> the former case, some action is required, but often not by the package
> maintainer.

Are you getting mails about the package installation time?  That
shouldn't happen as far as I know.  From which arch/buildd are you
seeing that?  We do atleast see the difference between those,
and they do get reacted on differently by the current
buildd/sbuild package that we use.

Kurt