Re: ossp-uuid: Orphaning, a new upload or removal?

Marco Nenciarini ha scritto:
> Kai Wasserbäch ha scritto:
>> Please note: because the next release starts to appear on the horizon and any
>> action regarding ossp-uuid would have to be taken before the freeze, I'll expect
>> your answer within 20 days (2010-02-15). I don't intend to give an offence by
>> this, it's just to make sure, somebody might have time to step up and take over
>> the package, in case that should be needed.
>>

> I'm interested in maintaining it. If the maintainer agree and no-one
> have any objection I'll try to make an updated package based on latest
> release and the latest packaging from Ubuntu.
>
> Kind regards,
> Marco

I've done some work on ossp-uuid package. I've just put it in a git
repository on alioth[1]. It fixes almost all open bugs in BTS.

It's still version 1.5.1 because 1.6.2 version require a soname change.

Of course, I'll upload it only if needed, otherwise I hope my patches
will help the previous maintainer to do his work.

Kind regards,
Marco

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/ossp-uuid.git

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| mnencia@prato.linux.it | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4