Re: Bug#565675: ITP: pthsem -- pth replacement with semaphore support
Samuel Thibault <email@example.com> wrote:
> Marc Leeman, le Sun 17 Jan 2010 22:16:17 +0100, a écrit :
> > * Package name : pthsem
> Mmm, could this perhaps rather be just a patch added to the existing pth
> package? Else you'll have to share the Debian patches.
The situation with GNU pth is:
* pth in debian is orphaned (#543857)
* the last upstream relase is from 08-Jun-2006 (2.0.7)
* the last release was mainly updating copyright + updating autotool files
* I tried to contact upstream (Ralf S. Engelschall), while doing the
first versions of semaphore support for pth, but failed to get an answer.
* I don't remember an answer from Ralf S. Engelschall on the
pth-users list in the last year(s).
pthsem up to 2.0.7 is GNU pth with some patches applied (semaphore
support, valgrind support and various fixes).
As upstream seams to be dead, I decided to "fork" in the upcoming
Please look at:
* pthsem is now able to cope with system time changes, if it can use a
* moved to automake based build system
* GIT repository does not contain any autotool generated files any more,
so they get updated at every checkout.
* compat package for building pth applications with pthsem
* includes lintian clean debian packaging (derived from the "offical"
pthsem is an essential dependency of linknx/eibd, so it tested by its
users on various plattforms (x86 and various embedded linux variants).