Re: Is Paul Dwerryhouse MIA?

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 11:05:51PM +0100, Sandro Tosi wrote:
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 23:01, Jonathan Wiltshire
<debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:57:50PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
What is the procedure for MIAs?  I seem to recall that db.debian.org
have a last-seen hint but that is only for account holders in Debian
which Paul Dwerryhouse seem not to be.

Debian QA track developers missing in action and will know if attempts to
contact him are in progress: debian-qa@lists.debian.org.

NO.

if you (both) check devref, you'll see that mia@qa.debian.org is the
right address where to sent such queries to.

Thanks for pointing me to devref!

Looking there[1], I must disagree, however: mia@seems to not be a querying tool but rather the place to report hard evidence - of which I have none.

I am at the prior step of vaguely asking around.

I realize now that I have failed to attempt reaching him by discrete email. I will try that, wait a month, and just hope that Kannel will get updated in time for Squeeze (the newer release includes utf8 support!) :-/

Now that I (too early in the procedure) have mentioned this on -devel, let me add that I would appreciate to hear from anyone who have seen or heard of Paul Dwerryhouse the last couple of years, and perhaps knows of alternative means of reaching him.

Please cc me responses to this mail: I am not subscribed to -devel.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa