Re: Conflicting information about buildd status and testing migration

On 2010-01-15, Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, so the buildds are working just the website is not available.
>
> That puts me exactly where I started: Information from the buildds
> suggests the package is built for all archs, the website and rmadison
> say "no". I have no logs to check, hence I still have no clue.
>
> What information is the output of
>
>   https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=fsl
>
> based on? I guess it doesn't assume that packages are built properly be
> default.

Albeit buildd.debian.org gives some information due to some implementation
detail (contrib autobuilding relying on non-free information to be available
in the database), it is not to be trusted for non-free (yet).  As ~luk/status
said it's "(not autobuilt)".

I agree that the page could be more informative, but it's due to the fact
that it looks at the source package and does not get the information that
it should build it.  In the database you can query on cimarosa.debian.org
(if you're a DD) you will see that it says Installed-Version correctly:

pkern@cimarosa:~$ wb info fsl . hppa . -d unstable
* fsl/hppa
  | fsl:
  |   Package             : fsl
  |   Version             : 4.1.4-2
  |   State               : Installed
  |   Section             : non-free/science
  |   Priority            : optional
  |   Installed-Version   : 4.1.1-1
  |   State-Change        : 2008 Jan 10 15:33:32
  |   Distribution        : unstable

So.  To your original request:

pkern@kallimachos:~$ ~/release-tools/scripts/wb info fsl . hppa mipsel . -d unstable
* fsl/hppa
  | fsl:
  |   Package             : fsl
  |   Version             : 4.1.4-2
  |   Builder             : meitner
  |   State               : Building
  |   Section             : non-free/science
  |   Priority            : optional
  |   Installed-Version   : 4.1.1-1
  |   Previous-State      : Needs-Build
  |   State-Change        : 2009 Jun 06 23:18:05
  |   Notes               : out-of-date
  |   Old-Failed          :
  |  -------------------- 4.1.2-2 --------------------
  |  build-depends need adapting

* fsl/mipsel
  | fsl:
  |   Package             : fsl
  |   Version             : 4.1.4-2
  |   State               : Needs-Build
  |   Section             : non-free/science
  |   Priority            : optional
  |   Installed-Version   : 4.0.4-1
  |   Previous-State      : Building
  |   State-Change        : 2009 Apr 29 19:38:03
  |   Notes               : out-of-date

This suggests that it was tried on hppa tried long ago and failed.  (Building
does only switch to something different depending on the buildd/sbuild version
in use.)

On mipsel it seems that there is currently no unofficial autobuilder, so
what I'd recommend you is to request a partial binary removal through
ftp.debian.org's bug list to get it dropped for hppa and mipsel.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern