Re: New source package formats now available

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Joey Hess wrote:
> > I understand that you do not want to throw away your work on this patch
> > management system, but by making it optional, I think that you will actually
> > increase your chances of success…
>
> I think that's very wise.

It is optional already. Just don't make any direct changes to upstream files.
What else do you need?

I can add a new option "--no-debian-patch" that would refuse to create the
automatic quilt patch debian-changes-<ver> and make it fail instead if
there are upstream changes.

That option can then be put in debian/source/options just like you can put
"compression = bzip2" currently.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog