Re: New source package formats now available

Le Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 08:17:17AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :

> I can add a new option "--no-debian-patch" that would refuse to create the
> automatic quilt patch debian-changes-<ver> and make it fail instead if
> there are upstream changes.

Hi Raphaël,

even simpler, an option or a format that would completely ignore what is
outside the debian directory:

 - When packing a source package, a compressed tar archive would be made from
   the contents of the debian directory.

 - When unpacking a source package, the compressed debian tar archive would be
   unpacked in the upstream sources, after deleting any existing debian
   directory.

As it is already the case with Format 1.0 when the maintainer took care of
having a diff.gz file that only contains files within the debian directory, the
packaging system would not patch or unpatch the upstream sources, leaving this
task to the maintainer.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy