Re: Lintian based autorejects

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
>
> > In addition, some important questions are left unanswered. I reproduce
> > here the one from Brian May, which I think is very relevant and was
> > asked in many different ways, and always ignored:
>
> >     [🔎] 20091102084201.GA15187@microcomaustralia.com.au">http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 20091102084201.GA15187@microcomaustralia.com.au
>
> >     I want to perform a NMU upload on a package, say to fix a security
> >     issue, or some other major issue (as allowed by NMUs).
> >
> >     Unfortunately the package fails lintian checks required to perform
> >     an upload.
> >
> >     Since this is a NMU though, I am not suppose to make unrelated changes.
> >
> >     What do I do?
>
> Surely the answer to that question is obvious: fix the bugs Lintian is
> finding that prevent upload.  They're the equivalent of RC bugs (not
> precisely the same, but similar), which if you're already doing an NMU are
> certainly fair game.

So there are two NMUs for each package? One for the lintian blocker, and
then finally for the security upload?

What about those packages that have multiple lintian blockers? One NMU
for each, as they are unrelated, and have the problem that they are all
blocked due to other outstanding lintian blockers, or have one giant NMU
that touches various pieces parts?

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((