Re: Lintian based autorejects

Le Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 08:49:40AM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :

> I'm not seeing where he's doing any significant harm

By killing the discusssion with a flood of emails. Here are the top posters for
this month in this thread:

      3 Charles Plessy (+1 with this one)
      3 Michael Banck
      3 Stefano Zacchiroli
      5 Luk Claes
      8 Russ Allbery
     10 Steve Langasek
     12 Manoj Srivastava

People left the discussion, in particular our archive administrators, which
makes the whole thread pointless. In addition, some important questions are
left unanswered. I reproduce here the one from Brian May, which I think is very
relevant and was asked in many different ways, and always ignored:

    [🔎] 20091102084201.GA15187@microcomaustralia.com.au">http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 20091102084201.GA15187@microcomaustralia.com.au

    I want to perform a NMU upload on a package, say to fix a security issue, or some
    other major issue (as allowed by NMUs).

    Unfortunately the package fails lintian checks required to perform an upload.

    Since this is a NMU though, I am not suppose to make unrelated changes.

    What do I do?

As for all difficult discussions on this high-traffic mailing list, I think
that we would collectively achieve much more by self-limiting our contributions
to one or two message per day.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles