Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

hi stig,

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 02:48:56PM +0100, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:
> Tom Feiner <feiner.tom@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Is /var/cache really such a bad option? I mean, the entire web content
> > is re-generated from templates & graphs are re-generated from the rrd
> > databases every 5 minutes. So even if someone did delete the
> > directory, it'll just be recreated up to 5 minutes later.
>
> Apart from "it feels wrong", no.

if it can be regenerated, then /var/cache/munin/html is exactly where it
should be.  only if there are actual things that can't be regenerated (i.e.
rrd files with historical data not put elsewhere) should it go under /var/lib.

with regards to the use of the top-level munin directory in /var/lib/munin,
you could fix that with some migration support in maintainer scripts (or just
chose another similarly named subdirectory under /var/lib), but it seems
like it's a non issue if /var/cache is the right place anyway.

mvh,
	sean