Re: piuparts-MBF: owned and unowned files after purge

Hi,

On Montag, 19. Oktober 2009, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I'd like to file bugs with the severity "important" against all packages
> leaving owned and unowned files after purge.
>
> Reasoning: "a piuparts clean archive" is a release-goal for squeeze (and
> was for lenny) and this is prohibited per debian-policy. As the impact of
> the bugs ain't that high (except that we break our quality promise with it
> and blatantly violate policy), I think "important" is the right severity.

Nobody questioned this (in principle), so I will go ahead with it, while
carefully making sure not to file bugs which are false positives or due to
problems of depending packages.

Also, filing several RFHs for piuparts is on my todo too.

I want to file bugs, so that these issues are noted and fixed eventually, and
other dependend packages also get tested by piuparts.

Help is certainly very welcome, if you have time to help and I havent send
those RFHs yet, please ping me, I'm happy to prioritize my work if it enables
you to take some of my load ;-)

cheers,
	Holger