Re: piuparts-MBF: owned and unowned files after purge

Hi,

On Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2009, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Can you point to me what files vm is leaving behind?  I'll
>  certainly fix the bug once it is pointed out to me.

Another false positive (for yet another reason..). You can find all your
packages at
http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/maintainer/s/srivasta%40debian.org.html and
http://piuparts.debian.org/squeeze/maintainer/s/srivasta%40debian.org.html

http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/owned_files_after_purge_error.html links to
http://piuparts.debian.org/sid/fail/vm_8.0.12-2.log which shows that
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/vm is left behind, which is probably due to #454694

>         I can't seem to run piuparts locally here, since it fails trying
>  to chroot with this cryptic error message while trying to install, for
>  some reason, debfoster:
[...]
> |   WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
> |   This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
> |     install-info (due to util-linux)

To workaround this bug (I forget the number, it's not a bug in piuparts :) you
can run piuparts with "--skip-minimize"

regards,
	Holger