Re: btrfs

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> That package is currently called firmware-linux but will be renamed
> shortly because we now also package the DFSG-free firmware from the
> Linux tree as firmware-linux-free.  (firmware-linux will then become a
> metapackage.)

Thanks a lot for this advice!  Strangely installing the firmware-linux package
on 2.6.30 caused a kernel panic (I didn't expect it to do anything with the
current kernel as it only applied to 2.6.31).  But I then booted into 2.6.31
without any problems.

I now have a test system running btrfs with a few gigs of data on it.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog