btrfs

Last night I tried to get btrfs working on a test machine.  It seems that in
Unstable mkfs.btrfs has been updated to the latest disk format, but the
latest kernel image that is available only supports the old format.

I expect that the kernel team tends to be more careful about uploads to
Unstable than most package maintainers due to the scope of damage that a bad
kernel can cause.  But would it be possible to have an upload of a newer
kernel for people who want to test btrfs?  I'm assuming that every system
that runs btrfs is at risk of losing all it's data anyway so running an
experimental kernel isn't going to make things any riskier.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog