Re: The wider implications of stuffing the NEW queue with issues it was not designed for.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 09:08:50AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> And today, the NEW queue managed by four persons dedicating 5-10
> hours per week to the Debian archive contains 265 packages, some of
> them waiting for one month or more. I disagree with their decision
> to self-appoint themselves with a new duty while they are already
> lacking time for the current one they volunteered for.

While I can understand your frustration, your argument looks flawed to
me. The measure of refusing _automatically_ uploads being affected by
(certain) lintian errors can not be classified as "a new duty",
precisely because it will be automatic. Actually, it has even chances
to reduce the work-load related to processing NEW.

Cheers.