Re: ia32-libs{-tools}, multiarch, squeeze

Yannick <yannick.roehlly@free.fr> writes:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't multiarch do the same thing as ia32-
> apt-get but at the distribution level?

My impression is that it's not necessarily the abstract idea of
ia32-apt-get that's so wrong, but rather the apparently clumsy way it
was implemented.

I, at least, was completely taken by surprise when everything started
breaking, and get the feeling that one of the big problems is that all
of this was done without adequate communication/consultation beforehand.

[Ok, maybe I just missed the pre-breakage discussion/flames (the
post-breakage discussion/flames are all too obvious :), but this seems
much less carefully planned than most debian transitions...]

-Miles

--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?