Re: RFC round 3: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Thank you for the feedback. It made me understood that the format can be even
> simplified. First of all, let me clarify that I do not aim at describing the
> format of Debian control files, but the proposed format for DEP5, which I
> propose for DEP3 as well since it is simple and does not require prior
> experience of Debian control files.

I don't see that as an advantage. I'd rather be able to reuse existing
parsers rather than creating new ones just for this purpose.

That said, supporting the "patch as script" case needs some trickery to
be able to reuse existing parsers (stripping "# " before passing lines
to the parser). But allowing invalid lines as comments in the middle will
make it completely impossible to reuse standard parsers.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/