Re: RFC round 3: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:53:53PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> === Next step? ===
>
> After this round, if we don't have any important changes, I'll
> probably announce the format to debian-devel-announce. Should I use
> this opportunity to ask for more review or simply suggest people to
> start using the format?

It would be more appropriate to write a proof of concept
implementation before posting to d-d-a, IMO. That way your proposal
will be sounder and, for instance, Ubuntu or other distro people can
more easily start to converge with us. The implementation can be as
simple as a patch "validator" which parses all fields and complains if
some of the mandatory fields are missing.

Just my 0.02€,
thanks for the initiative!