Re: Switching the default /bin/sh to dash

[Giacomo A. Catenazzi]
> Hmm, so a switch to dash it is not because of POSIX, but because
> of "better code" and lighter shell for our scripts?
>
> Which is also a good reason for the change.

Yes, it is a good change.  I would love to switch every installation
to dash as /bin/sh, but believe the path of least surprises to the
sysadmin is to only change new installations and not existing systems.

> But could you tell us more about the "subtle problems for shutdown
> sequences".

switching from bash to dash. :)

Happy hacking,
--