Re: no deprecation of /usr as a standalone filesystem

On Jun 04, Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@debian.org> wrote:

> Do we really need to handle such hotplugs? We could require that
> all boot hardwares must be available short after boot loader. The
> later plugged hardware will be shown only later, when the system
> in up.  I see no disadvantage, and make thing easier, more
> testable (and I think also more secure).
The complexity required to decide and configure which events should be
delayed and when, and implementing the infrastructure needed to do this.
If you have further opinions about this please bring them to the
upstream mailing list.

--
ciao,
Marco