Re: no deprecation of /usr as a standalone filesystem

On Jun 02, "Giacomo A. Catenazzi" <cate@debian.org> wrote:

> - there is still a close windows in initram, and possibility
>   at early rc scripts.
No.

> - /var is still not mounted, so programs could not write they status, nor
>   log failures
So programs which have such requirements need to take care of waiting
long enough. e.g. the ifupdown wrapper script waits for /dev/log to
appear.

> - care about security implication: user that triggers events before system
>   is fully up (e.g. busy resources)
I see no security implications.

> - and I think other usual system assumption are not fulfilled, so
>   maintainers should be trained on what they could assume on udev sequence.
Maintainers who have doubts can ask for help here or by private mail.

> For these reasons, I think only few events (explicitly ack by maintainers)
> should be handled by early boot, and the rest run later (udev events are
> already asynchronous by definition).
There is no need for this.

--
ciao,