Re: Sponsorship requirements and copyright files

On 21/03/2009 Mike Hommey wrote:

> > > This is an absolute waste of time.
> >
> > As your mail is.
> >
> > Honestly, if you cant deal with listing the Authors/(C) holders - dont
> > maintain a package. It is not much work to list them. (It might be a lot
> > of work using the "new" format, but noone *requires* this format, especially
> > not ftpmaster. It has *no* gain for us at all, we couldnt care less if
> > you use it or not).
>
> You win.
>
> I hereby orphan xulrunner and iceape. As for iceweasel and webkit, there
> is a comaintainer on both, so that's up to them.

I cannot believe that. Despite deeply appreciating your decision, it
makes me very sad to see another complex and important package losing
its competent and valuable maintainer.

Joerg, please don't you see the consequences of your harsh discussion
style? I've quite the feeling that with getting more and more important
within debian you get more and more authoritarian as well.
sorry for these straight words. it's not that i wouldn't appreciate your
valuable work for debian, but please refrain from exploiting the power
you got.

I really start to ask myself whether we do have a social problem with
the debian developers community. people who're important for the project
often tend to authoritarian discussion style. i don't know what and
whether at all they compensate anything with this behaviour, but at
least they don't realize how they hurt the complete project with doing
so.

greetings,
 jonas