Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

also sprach Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> [2009.03.09.1250 +0100]:
> > I think TopGit is the right solution to this.
> Is it plausible to use a branch-per-patch solution for packages
> containing 30-60 patches?

TopGit can certainly handle it, but it'll make a royal merging mess
of your history. The idea of TopGit is never to mess with history,
so the ancestry graph gets very complex with 5 patch branches, and
a lot more with 30-60 patches.

That said, TopGit will not lose track, and if you employ a smart
branch-naming-scheme, neither will you.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, we'd love to hear
them. Debian-related TopGit stuff probably best goes to
vcs-pkg-discuss@lists.alioth.debian.org. TopGit general stuff to
git@vger.kernel.org with a [TopGit] subject prefix.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"the only difference between the saint and the sinner
 is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
                                                        -- oscar wilde