Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

On Mar 09, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> That said, TopGit will not lose track, and if you employ a smart
> branch-naming-scheme, neither will you.
The point is: is it simpler to use than quilt push/pop/edit or not?
If the only benefit I get is being able to automatically publish my
patches then it's not worth the effort.

> If you have any suggestions for improvements, we'd love to hear
I do not have any git experience beyond git pull.
I'd like to use it for my packages, but so far nobody has been able
to persuade me that it would be simpler to use than quilt.
Look e.g. at the ppp (38 patches with more to come, upstream now uses
git), tcp-wrappers (28 patches, dead upstream) or inn (58 patches, no
upstream) packages.

--
ciao,
Marco