Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

Bill Unruh <unruh@physics.ubc.ca> writes:

> He certainly does claim to be the copyright holder and as having the
> right to license them under CDDL, and I think barring solid evidence to
> the contrary, one should accept him at his word.

Given the evidence that's been presented in the past that contradicts
this, I'm much more reluctant to accept him at his word.

> Otherwise we open a huge can of worms for every single program in Linux.

Most programs are never relicensed for exactly this reason.  Linus
Torvalds has stated in the past that he doesn't believe the Linux kernel
could *ever* be relicensed for exactly this reason.

You obviously mean well, but from your posts here it's unfortunately quite
clear that you're unfamiliar with some basic concepts in open source and
GPL licensing, such as the issues around system libraries and the
difficulty of relicensing.  There's nothing wrong with that; most people
never have to care about these issues, and they're annoying and
complicated to understand (and often quite vague in their implications).
However, without that understanding, I think it's ill-advised for you to
try to insert yourself in the role of mediator.