Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

> On So, 01 Mär 2009, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > I have a private mail exchange with Eben Moglen where Moglen explains why
> > there is no problem with the specific GPL CDDL combination that is used in
> > mkisofs. These statements from Eben Moglen (made to me in private) are not
> [...]
> > *) He even concurs with me that the claims about CDDL GPL compatibility made
> > on the web pages from the FSF are wrong.
>
> Then why don't you ask him to make this statement available to the
> general public? That is the only way to resolve that dilemma.

publishing the related mail alone would not help because you need to understand
the legal background in order to understand the mail exchange.

As long as people in this list are not interested in understanding the legal
background, there is no difference whether the mail is made public or not.

As Moglens recent and incorrect claims have already been made public, Moglen
has no longer the right to keep the private mail exchange secret - it is the
only way to proove that he is no longer correct. But I will nut publish the
private mail exchange unless there is proof that I am giving this information
to open minded people who understand the text in it's relevence.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)