Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On So, 01 Mär 2009, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I have a private mail exchange with Eben Moglen where Moglen explains why
> there is no problem with the specific GPL CDDL combination that is used in
> mkisofs. These statements from Eben Moglen (made to me in private) are not
[...]
> *) He even concurs with me that the claims about CDDL GPL compatibility made
> on the web pages from the FSF are wrong.

Then why don't you ask him to make this statement available to the
general public? That is the only way to resolve that dilemma.

Nobody here can trust on a private email you are telling us to have.
Without proof of that email, either by an open statement of Moglen, or
you publishing that email and Moglen agreeing with it, why should anyone
trust you/the email.

Gedankenexperiment: I have a private email from Sun's lawyers department
that states that the combinations is indeed a problem and they already
start in the background a re-licensing.

> Let me conclude: the claim that there is a license problem in the original
> cdrtools is nothing but libel.

Proof needed. A private email does not count as long as it is not open.

Best wishes

Norbert

BOOK	Meanwhile, the starship has landed on the surface
	of Magrathea and Trillian is about to make one of the most
	important statements of her life. Its importance is not
	immediately recognised by her companions.
TRILL.	Hey, my white mice have escaped.
ZAPHOD	Nuts to your white mice.