Re: What is a game or which section do game console emulators belong to (was: Sections - especially section:kde and section:gnome)

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Evgeni Golov <sargentd@die-welt.net> wrote:

> In my understanding otherosfs should be used for tools that are used
> for reading or manipulating filesystems of other OS (like dosfstools
> and mtools) - that isn't done by emulators directly (or at least the
> user doesn't see how that happens). Additionally pabs mentions that
> qemu/virtualbox is in misc.

Aptitude gives this for the otherosfs section:

otherosfs - Emulators and software to read foreign filesystems

Policy doesn't mention anything other than the section name.

Personally I'm not sure what the reason sections were introduced, I've
put this on the list of stuff to discuss post-lenny:

http://wiki.debian.org/DiscussionsAfterLenny

--
bye,
pabs