What is a game or which section do game console emulators belong to (was: Sections - especially section:kde and section:gnome)

Hey,

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:34:50 +0000 (UTC) Sune Vuorela wrote:

> I have been wondering over the last months about Section: kde.
> What is the correct usage of this section?
>
> Is it for packages that is related to the desktop itself or is it for
> packages that links against kdelibs ?
>
> Should a game using kdelibs go to section:games or section:kde?
> should a web browser using kdelibs go to section:web or section:kde?

a quite similar question has arisen in the Debian Games Team:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.devel.games/3470

We currently maintain some emulators for game consoles (especially
desmume for Nintendo DS and yabause for Sega Saturn). Yabause is placed
in util, Desmume in games. There are other emulators (visualboyadvance,
gnuboy, zsnes, snes9x and others), placed either in games or otherosfs.

In my understanding otherosfs should be used for tools that are used
for reading or manipulating filesystems of other OS (like dosfstools
and mtools) - that isn't done by emulators directly (or at least the
user doesn't see how that happens). Additionally pabs mentions that
qemu/virtualbox is in misc.

I'd like to hear what you are thinking: games? utils? misc? otherosfs?
My favorite is utils, but it'll change if you can tell me why :)

Regards
Evgeni