Re: Help needed with the GPG Key Signing Coordination page

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 08:51:42PM +0100, Patrick Schoenfeld wrote:

> I'm quiet interested in helping out a bit, but for now undecided.
>
> > Ralf Treinen and I have been taking care of this page the last years but
> > I want to focus on other tasks so we're now looking for one or two
> > additional people to help out.  The tasks to be performed are described
> > at
> > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/nm/trunk/doc/gpg-coord/README?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
>
> Could you tell how much time / week (or whatever scale is sensible) the
> GPG Key Signing Coordination page consumes from helpers...
> approximately?

It is not a big time investment. The most time-consuming work consists in
regular cleanups (removing bogus entries and key signing requests that have
been satisfied). Maybe once per year, taking several hours of work (since
you will have to exchange emails with requesters and dd's). Besides that,
there are from time to time people calling in for help since they cannot
find a dd to sign their key. This doesn't happen very often, maybe 3 to 5
times a year at most. It such a case you have to consult the debian db and find
a dd sufficinetly close to the requester. Not much work either, but in
general it takes exchanging emails over a period of some days or weeks.

Even if it is not a huge amount of work it would be useful to have a second
person on the job.

-Ralf.