Re: Override changes standard -> optional

Russ Allbery wrote:
I think the following are borderline:

hdparm
iftop
iotop
ncftp
nmap
strace

They're useful tools, many of which I use, but I'm not sure they're so
useful to warrant installing them on every system by default.  You can
generally install them when you need them, [...]

While I agree with you regarding the bottom 5 items on this list, hdparm might be quite useful (via its init script) to a lot of people who have no idea that it even exists. As far as I can see it currently does nothing by default, but if that changes, it might be useful to make it standard.

Regards,
Michael