Re: automake and intermediate files generated by yacc, lex, valac

Serafeim Zanikolas <serzan@hellug.gr> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 03:23:21AM +0900, Ansgar Burchardt wrote [edited]:
>> there are several tools that generate C source code that is later
>> complied in object code, e.g. yacc, lex or valac.  automake defaults to
>> distribute these built intermediate files, so they are usually not
>> regenerated during a build.
>
> To control whether automake regenerates auto-generated files, have a
> look at AM_MAINTAINER_MODE [0]

Isn't this only to *disable* regenerating auto-generated files?
If you don't use it, they should be enabled by default (which is kind of
contradicting the documentation there...).

But my goal is the opposite: I want to *force* automake to regenerate
the files, and preferably not even include them in the distribution.

Regards,
Ansgar