Re: where is /etc/hosts supposed to come from?

OoO En  cette fin  de nuit  blanche du mercredi  30 décembre  2009, vers
05:23, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> disait :

>> I haven't said that. And this is often not the case under Debian,
>> i.e. the FQDN is often obtained from /etc/hosts, which has the
>> precedence over DNS (see /etc/nsswitch.conf).

> I have no entry in /etc/hosts other than 127.0.0.1 and the corresponding
> IPv6 entries.  What could I possibly put in there?

If this is a real question, put:
127.0.1.1 fqdn nodename

This seems a  very acceptable way to give a FQDN  to your laptop without
relying  on network.  hostname -f  and  programs using  a similar  inner
working will be able to get the right result.
--
I WILL NOT BURP IN CLASS
I WILL NOT BURP IN CLASS