Re: quilt 3.0 source format and dpkg-source/dpkg-buildpackage

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> > I still use CDBS and I use "simple-patches" - but now without CDBS
> > support. My minor change is the file "patches/series" which let
> > dpkg-buildpackages know that there are patches. This seems very simple,
> > too. To get the old manner, I must only delete the series file and add
> > the CDBS line into debian/rules. But remaining in format 3.0.
> > Because I never used quilt, the syntax for quilt is a little bit stupid
> > for me. So also with the new format I don't use quilt.
> If I understand correctly what you're doing, you have a 3.0 (quilt)
> package with no quilt managed patches, and using a debian/rules based
No, I don't use an debian/rules based patch system. The patches will be
used by dpkg-buildpackage because I have created the patches/series
file. So inside dpkg the quilt-management of the patches will be used.
But I don't use quilt outside the dpkg system.

> source package can be unpacked and the pre-patched source accessed
> without needing to manually follow a README.source file.
I also don't need any manually patching system. It is done by

Please try my package "xfe" for example and check whether it is the
"perversion of the 3.0 format".

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn