Re: quilt 3.0 source format and dpkg-source/dpkg-buildpackage

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:

> Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> > I still use CDBS and I use "simple-patches" - but now without CDBS
> > support. My minor change is the file "patches/series" which let
> > dpkg-buildpackages know that there are patches. This seems very simple,
> > too. To get the old manner, I must only delete the series file and add
> > the CDBS line into debian/rules. But remaining in format 3.0.
>
> > Because I never used quilt, the syntax for quilt is a little bit stupid
> > for me. So also with the new format I don't use quilt.
>
> If I understand correctly what you're doing, you have a 3.0 (quilt)
> package with no quilt managed patches, and using a debian/rules based
No, I don't use an debian/rules based patch system. The patches will be
used by dpkg-buildpackage because I have created the patches/series
file. So inside dpkg the quilt-management of the patches will be used.
But I don't use quilt outside the dpkg system.

> source package can be unpacked and the pre-patched source accessed
> without needing to manually follow a README.source file.
I also don't need any manually patching system. It is done by
dpkg-buildpackage.

Please try my package "xfe" for example and check whether it is the
"perversion of the 3.0 format".

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn