Re: quilt 3.0 source format and dpkg-source/dpkg-buildpackage

Hello,

----
Am Mon, 28 Dec 2009 01:25:17 +0100 schrieb
Iustin Pop <iusty@k1024.org>:

> Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I use the same workflow,
> git-buildpackage + 3.0 (quilt) and I have no problems so far.

Before I have made official Debian packages I have collected many
experience with format 1.0 and I find it easy. Since some weeks I make
some official Debian packages and since my beginning of maintaining I
use the new format 3.0 (quilt).

I still use CDBS and I use "simple-patches" - but now without CDBS
support. My minor change is the file "patches/series" which let
dpkg-buildpackages know that there are patches. This seems very simple,
too. To get the old manner, I must only delete the series file and add
the CDBS line into debian/rules. But remaining in format 3.0.

> > $ quilt pop -a
> > ... blabla cannot find bla bla...
> > $ git status
> > ...still a pain

Because I never used quilt, the syntax for quilt is a little bit stupid
for me. So also with the new format I don't use quilt.

The only missing item for me is: there are no simple command to unapply
the patches with dpkg-buildpackages (or debuild). For example:

   debuild unapply

> My .quiltrc includes this:
>
>   QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches
>
> So it uses the right directory.

I have found this info at the beginning inside the first dpkg package
with format 3.0 support.

Final: I can work with the new format - but not with quilt!

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn