Re: New Menu category Applictions/Multimedia

>         Whoever does the work to implement the replacement menu
>  infrastructure in all the places that the Debian menu is
>  implemented. And also helps flush out all the entries missing from the
>  xdg menu which are in the Debian one.

I think this would be excellent work for someone to do, to mention.  But
it is a fair amount of work, since it probably (at least in the short run)
requires writing a converter that writes Debian menu files based on XDG
desktop files for those packages that implement the Debian menu (such as
fvwm).  Either that, or teaching those packages how to read desktop files,
but I suspect generating menu files would be easier.