Re: Update about "3.0 (quilt)" source format

[Raphael Hertzog]
> In the same version, a new option --single-debian-patch has been
> created so that people using a VCS can have dpkg-source create and
> auto-update a single patch named debian-changes (instead of
> debian-changes-version) somewhat similar to what the .diff.gz was in
> format 1.0 while still benefiting from the other features (bzip2
> compression, multiple tarballs, etc.). It is possible to set the
> header of this automatic patch in debian/source/patch-header and thus
> you can explain there where the changes can be better reviewed (most
> likely somewhere in the VCS).

Maybe I missed something from earlier discussion - but why not rename
debian/source/patch-header to debian/patches/debian-changes?  (I mean,
dpkg-source would preserve the header when regenerating the file, like
quilt does, right?)  And the existence of that patch file should
already imply the --single-debian-patch flag.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/