Re: Debian as open project

On Fri, Dec 04 2009, Russell Coker wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Dec 2009, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>>         Nothing wrong with that. But when people are told to shut up
>>  since Supe Speshul Sekrit discussions are going one betwen Really Ver
>>  Important People, and the  people partaking in the open discussions are
>>  not important enough to be heard, well, that is a horse of a very
>>  different color.
> They were asked to take it to private email - which is not the same as
> telling them to shut up.

        Since it is shutting down public discussion, I fail to see the

> Is there any reason to expect that anyone who wanted to join the
> off-list discussion would be excluded if they had sensible things to
> say?

        How would I know about this so called discussion? What if I
 might have things to add to it, after listening in for a bit? Who is
 the target audience for suvh off list discussion? Only people who have
 participated earlier? (I mean, I participated, and I have had no emails
 sent to me. And I even contributed to the whole python policy thing --
 one of the documents people were bandying about in an earlier
 incarnation of this discussion was written by me).

The difference between us is not very far, cruising for burgers in
daddy's new car.