Re: Debian as open project

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> writes:

> They were asked to take it to private email - which is not the same as
> telling them to shut up.

I maintain that it *is* the same thing, unless very carefully phrased to
avoid that interpretation. The message received is at least as important
as the message intended.

> Is there any reason to expect that anyone who wanted to join the
> off-list discussion would be excluded if they had sensible things to
> say?

Two assumptions there: the assumption that people even knew that such
discussion was happening at all; and the assumption that people need
“sensible things to say” in order to qualify for being informed of
progress. Both are false, in my estimation.

--
 \     “I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. |
  `\          There's a knob called ‘brightness’ but it doesn't work.” |