Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> writes:

> If you really want to help, read the mail archive of the debian-python
> mailing list [1] (optionally hang out in the IRC channel), and get
> an idea of what the problem is.
> I also advise to take a look to the archive to people participating
> in this thread who has not been following the list. If you are lazy,
> just look for all the emails from Matthias in the python list.
>
> Ana
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/

This is good advice, so I went looking there to find out what it's all
about.  And you were definitely right: The mailing list archive fully
demostrates the complete lack of communication and cooperation from the
maintainer, which seems to be the main problem with python at the momemt

This is the only python3 relevant article I found from Matthias Klose:

So 16 Feb 2009 he wrote "I will start uploading python2.6 and related
packages, then proceed with python3.x in the next weeks."  Did I miss
any updates after this?  If so, do you have a direct thread link to that
discussion?

Bjørn