Re: New source package formats now available

Le Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 09:09:45AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > even simpler, an option or a format that would completely ignore what is
> > outside the debian directory:
>
> That's option "-i.*". As I said I plan to support the -i -I option
> inside debian/source/options just like I recently added support for -z -Z
> there.

That would be a useful compromise. How about the second half, which is to not
patch anything during the unpacking of the package? Maybe this could be
combined in a single ‘no-patch’ option, or an alias like ’3.0 (simple)’?

Le Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 12:30:12PM -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> I can understand not wanting, in the very long run, to support multiple patch
> formats.

Does that mean that the use of options discussed above may become forbidden in
our archive in the future? If yes, there is little point making concessions now…

The best way to avoid the burden of supporting multiple patch formats in
dpkg-dev is to leave this task to the maintainers.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan